I'm not a master of html, so this is a bit messy. However, I wanted to minimize the clutter on my sidebar. Now, all websites of interest are listed below. Feel free to add a comment or make a suggestion about what should or shouldn't be here. I will update accordingly. As I add more posts, this entry will disappear from the main page but will still always be accessible via the navigation bar I created in the header of the main page. I hope you enjoy this new layout!
The New Yorker’s Evan Osnos Blog: Evan Osnos lives in Beijing. He is a staff writer and is working on a book about China.
The Atlantic’s James Fallows Blog: James Fallows is National Correspondent for The Atlantic. His latest book ‘Postcards from Tomorrow Square: Reports from China’ offers insightful reporting on the rise of China.
To Be A Man In Full: "Together, we can build a better world! Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today. Make a difference." This is a mostly Chinese blog by my great friend Yibin.
The Lao Wai Jazz Note: A musician's mission to bring jazz to the west of China and learn something along the way. I grew up with this guy and he's extremely talented! Keep your eyes, and ears, open for him.
TED Talks: An annual conference bringing together the world's most fascinating thinkers and doers, who are challenged to give the talk of their lives (in 18 minutes).
Global Incident Map: A very interesting, up-to-date global display and terrorism and other suspicious events.
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's campaigns promises.
World Clock: A clock of sorts that provides running statistics on environmental and health issues.
Nciku 在线词典: More than a Chinese-English dictionary. My favorite on the web!
Friday, February 20, 2009
« Newer Post
Older Post »
2 Responses to “Links of Interest”
Hello Alex,
I didn't know where to leave a comment to your comment. Anyhow, to answer your question about how I make my video blog; I use two cheap sony camcorders that I picked up at a pawn shop in the states before I came over, I have an external mic and a wide angle lens on both cameras. They both use miniDV cassettes which would be the minimal quality you would use without comprising image quality. I also have a smaller hand held camera that uses memory sticks but the sound is horrible and the images quality is poor. I have an Apple Mac Book Pro with Imovie for editing and data storage. I think that Imovie '06 is the best available editing software for what I do now. The next step up would be Final Cut Express but its more advanced. You can use Windows Movie Maker on a PC for similar results, although its not as user friendly as Imovie. For sound I use garage band and for additional effects I use Photoshop.
Let me know if there is anything else you need to know. It would be great to see more people recording their China experiences, with either audio or video blogs!
You can contact me at chicanohek(at)gmail
Hek
Dear sir, you have a lovely looking blog, I tried to find an email on your blog but I couldn't find one. Here is a link that I think your readers may like, it's about what has got to be one of the weirdest looking hotels on earth and it is in China:
http://www.killerdirectory.com/blog/architecture/strange-hotel.html
Is there any chance of a plug?
Best Regards
Dave Eaves
Leave a Reply